Thursday, August 6, 2009



I think my husband Don and daugther Brandi were a little more excited about this than I was, and I was elated. I have been entering into the Arkansas Catholic photo contest for two years now. Last year I won second place, but this year I took both first and third. On the 2010 cover of the Arkansas Catholic Diocese Directory my photo will appear. This is the actual photo that will appear on the cover, it is The Marylake Carmelite Monastery in Little Rock Arkansas. My daugther being a professional wedding photographer herself was beside herself. To see her work you can go to www.texanweddings.com. My friend Laura from NY said I was famous because when she typed in google of Catholic photos my photo came up. You can view Laura's beautiful jewelry making and hand Rosary beads at her blog spot at http://our-lady-of-grace.blogspot.com/. I hope you enjoy our blogs and gift stores. God Bless America, the land of the Free and home of the Brave and God Bless you.

2 comments:

Laura said...

GREAT Job Mel it is looking good !!

brandi said...

This is really pretty. I love the center-not sure what that is called, but it adds some composition to break up the beading. Looks beautiful